The Vortex Power of Water
The velocity of the flow inside the Innovative HUG System increases 4x, thereby introducing a sucking action which scientist call a Negative Pressure which contributes to the Vortex Power of water. This alignment speeds up the flow.
Rowers who have rowed near a pylon know the danger of the faster water near a pylon.
The advantage to using the pylons as ‘Energy Bodies’ is ease of construction and proximity to transmission lines.
- Velocity= 2.5 m/s at high tide
- Velocity= 3.75 m/s behind bridge pylon supporting a HUG System.
The velocity at the Lachine Rapids is 1.5-3.0 m/sec. The Threshold Velocity required is 3.1 m/sec.
- The most critical factor is the Velocity of the flow.
- A tripling of the Velocity from 1.5 m/s* multiplies the Kinetic Energy (KE) by 3³ or 27 x, by the formula:
- KE= ½ x A x V ³ x efficiency (A = area swept; Velocity)
- = ½ x 3.26 m² x (6 m/s*)3 x .35 = 123 kW/turbine: 8 HUGs will produce 1 MW of Power
The Current velocity at the Champlain Bridge in Montreal is between 1.0 and 1.8 m/s during flooding, but falls to 0.75 to 0.90 m/s in the summer. The final velocity is 4 x that in a HUG System or (4 x 0.75m/sec) 3.1 m/sec which is the Threshold Velocity.
Helical turbines of the HUG are inserted in a Helical Pathway System in fast flowing waters.
GREEN HYDRO POWER STATIONS The installation of most of very low head sites is technically feasible, but civil works give rise to high costs, resulting to economically enviable projects. To solve this problem, one must design a new machine using a completely different philosophy to equip such sites. The study of current turbines reveals that they were all invented on the basis of a poor understanding of hydrodynamics, and a consequent false premise.
MOBILE HUG: The HUG development is an exciting breakthrough in green energy. Small batches of HUG turbines can be installed with only a short period of 12 to 18 months between investment in the technology and the time when revenue starts to flow: it is modular, relatively easy to install and highly scalable.
PRE-FABRICATED HUG Standardized pre-fabricated modules should make it possible to order this new product as a “power plant kit” just like ordering from a catalog. The HUG power plant uses standardized parts, so no custom engineering is necessary. A one-size-fits-all pathway could be ordered.
Why is the HUG Frictionless? When we direct the water to flow at its natural mode, it hugs the inner wall. This kind of vortex motion tends to accelerate and contract the stream of water. The less collisions improves the flow, i.e. the better ordered and more dense the flow will be. The net result is that the velocity of the flow in the HUG is four to five times faster than the river velocity.
SOME IMPORTANT LINKS:
HELPING SOLVE WORLD’S CARBON POLLUTION
AFRICA RENEWED supported by:
- A Micro Hydro Electric System: no dams: HugENERGY.us
- An Irrigation System: NORTHydro.com
- An Agroforestry Intercrop System: LivingWaterIs.com
- The Charitable Arm: SunnyUp.net
- Living Water Micro Finance: LivingWaterMicroFinance.org
- Thunder of Justice: ThunderofJustice.com
- God’s Loveletters: Godloveletters.com
- Deliverance Is: DeliveranceIs.com
- A Rabbit and Fish Farm: AfriCAPITALISM.us