The Innovative HUG Micro Power System comes in seven parts and is movable to remote areas without the use of a road. They are an ideal new solution for fish, hunting and remote tourist camps. In fact, this new Micro HUG produces 79 kW of electricity, which is translated to 398 MW h/yr, which can support 200 households annually @ 12,000 kWh per household
Remote areas do not have access to expensive dams and so electricity is a northern company’s biggest cost after labor. Northerners use costly diesel. Mines in remote areas would pay premium prices for this technology.
HUG Teeth: Financial Benefits
- Reducing our cost per mega watt hour at the rate of $5.46/MWh by 360% on the low side, by 1,100% on the high side. Generating costs usually range from $20/MWh to $60/MWh.
- Increasing our Energy Availability Factor (power plant performance) by the same range. O&M costs are estimated between 1.5 and 2.5% of investment cost per year.
- Lowering our Cost of Construction:
In 2009, Hydro-Quebec (Canada) was permitted to build a number of hydro projects totaling 4500 MW, with a total price of US$23, which is $5,000/kW.
Our Cost of Construction for a 100 MW project is $88.5 million or $885/kW, which is 22% of the typical average cost of $4000/kW.
4. Increasing your Return on Investment:
In Quebec, the small $7.2 million project (6.7 MW) has a high return on investment. At the 80% utilization rate, 47,000 MWh [x $79/MWh] = $3,700,000: ROI = 51%/yr.
Similarly, the larger $88.5 million project (100 MW) produces 700,800 MWh [x $79/MWh (Quebec)] = $55,360,000: ROI = 63%/yr.
Ontario has a higher guaranteed price called FIT. The Annual Return on Investment: (using $131/MWh x 47,000 MWh) = $6,160,000: ROI = 85%
The larger 100 MW project has a higher return on investment. Similarly, the Annual Return on Investment: (Ontario FIT) (700,800 MWh x $131/MWh) is $91,800,000 = 104%/yr.
- Lowering our Generation Costs: these are in the range for small hydro of $45–120/MWh with an average of $83/MWh. There are many ideal sites, which are close to the existing Electric Power Converter/Generators, thereby reducing these costs by 40%.
- Allowing us to tap into Green Technology Government Funding & Tax Rebates:
The incentive programs are endless: from the Canadian Foundation for Innovation to ecoENERGY Technology Initiatives.
The $250 million Targeted Investment Program is aimed to strengthen economic foundations of native communities. Assistance of up to 85% of total eligible costs for non-commercial projects (like this Pilot Project). This takes the risk away from any initial investment. A Private Public Partnership set up to administer the project will guarantee a 10% annual return after taxes on money invested by INAC (Indian and Native Affairs Canada)
The Scientific Research and Experimental Development (SR&ED) program provide an investment tax credit (ITC) of 35%. Ontario offers a 15% grant for economic development.
7. Providing a faster return on investment: construction time is 10 and 18 months, while large hydro projects last 18 to 96 months.
- Creating approximately 18 million in new revenue period over three years– with an investment of seven million dollars over the same time frame; netting you eleven million in new money, yet this investment can be sold as a Private Public Partnership, earning a pre-tax return of10% for decades.
- Providing a High Turnover: The Technical lifetime factor is an average of 30 years. This type of investment can be sold to pension funds for a much high return, because they always seek out long term security.
- Providing extra revenue from the upcoming sale of carbon credits: those companies, which exceed the emission limits, will soon be forced to buy $284,000 worth of carbon credits for every 1 MW of new clean energy.
- Earning Water Export Revenue: using the technology of the HUG Siphon System to move water south and partnering with pipeline companies.
- The risk factor is low because the initial Prototype & Feasibility Study of the HUG, the Helical Turbine System costs only $752,600.
- This 0.24 MW power cell line has an admirable cost recovery of $65,350/yr.
- The Return on Investment: 17.5%/yr.
OUR NORTHYDRO STRATEGY
- Stage 1 To build a small version of the HUG
- Stage 2 HUG Hydro electricity and irrigation in remote areas
- Stage 3 To capture HUG energy from Run-of-River, Rapids & Waterfalls
- Stage 4 To Introduce the HUG Water Transfer System to crisis areas
- Stage 5 To introduce commercially viable HUG Tidal Energy
GREEN HYDRO POWER STATIONS The installation of most of very low head sites is technically feasible, but civil works give rise to high costs, resulting to economically enviable projects. To solve this problem, one must design a new machine using a completely different philosophy to equip such sites. The study of current turbines reveals that they were all invented on the basis of a poor understanding of hydrodynamics, and a consequent false premise.
MOBILE HUG: The HUG development is an exciting breakthrough in green energy. Small batches of HUG turbines can be installed with only a short period of 12 to 18 months between investment in the technology and the time when revenue starts to flow: it is modular, relatively easy to install and highly scalable.
PRE-FABRICATED HUG Standardized pre-fabricated modules should make it possible to order this new product as a “power plant kit” just like ordering from a catalog. The HUG power plant uses standardized parts, so no custom engineering is necessary. A one-size-fits-all pathway could be ordered.
Why is the HUG Frictionless? When we direct the water to flow at its natural mode, it hugs the inner wall. This kind of vortex motion tends to accelerate and contract the stream of water. The less collisions improves the flow, i.e. the better ordered and more dense the flow will be. The net result is that the velocity of the flow in the HUG is four to five times faster than the river velocity.
HUG WATER TRANSFER A spiraling pipeline allows the transfer of water to travel two to three times faster, abet longer distances, because of the physics of the vortex: water prefers to travel in a whirlpool fashion rather than a turbulent straight line.
HELPING SOLVE WORLD’S CARBON POLLUTION
AFRICA RENEWED supported by:
- A Micro Hydro Electric System: no dams: HugENERGY.us
- An Irrigation System: NORTHydro.com
- An Agroforestry Intercrop System: LivingWaterIs.com
- The Charitable Arm: SunnyUp.net
- Living Water Micro Finance: LivingWaterMicroFinance.org
- Thunder of Justice: ThunderofJustice.com
- God’s Loveletters: Godloveletters.com
- A Rabbit and Fish Farm: Africapitalism.us
- Deliverance Is:com