LABRADOR HYDRO TECHNOLOGY
In general, small and mini hydro power generation technology like HUG have shorter gestation periods (approx. one year) compared to large hydro power plants (7 years). In addition, small and mini hydro give a higher return on investment due to the low capital investment and maintenance costs. The energy potential of small and mini hydro plants, which are easier to construct and commission due to simpler designs. This keeps costs down especially in remote areas like Labrador.
New technology leads to new growth opportunities:
- HUG is a Patented Energy System that will literally change the face of our world as we know it.
- Energy costs of diesel electricity (not including capital costs) are very high: $0.63 per kWh vs. $0.15/kWh for HUG
- HUG extracts power from a water flow without the use of an expensive dam: Cost $1,000,000: $4000/kW
- Laminar flow of the HUG creates a boundary layer at the wall of the spiraling cylinder resulting in zero friction: this increases the velocity up to four times.
The next largest sector is the Small Hydro Power (1Mw to 10 MW) and Large Hydro Power (more than 10 MW) markets deploying larger scaled-up HUG models in estuaries and ocean currents. With 102 estuaries in U.S. and over 3,000 globally, tidal estuaries are ideal sources of water power adding significantly to potential production.
The HUG innovation can also be in the Small Hydro category which had a market of $14 Billion in 2008 and experiencing a 16% growth per year. In 2015, Small Hydro will be a $40 Billion market typified by tidal estuaries and large river systems.
Mining Companies like Quest Rare Minerals have a serious energy problem, which could make or break their proposal.
- Diesel Oil must be carted inland for hundreds of miles near Lac Brisson, Uyagalatok Rapids and Voisy Bay.
- Yet only 16 km away is a 100MW HUG solution.
The Labrador mining sites are located near Port Hope-Simpson, on the Notakwanon River, at Lac Otelnuk, Postville and Uyagalatok Rapids just south of Voisey Bay.
OUR NORTHYDRO STRATEGY
- Stage 1 To capture energy from Run-of-River, Rapids and Waterfalls with the HUG
- Stage 2 To introduce a smaller version of the HUG: for Fish and Hunting Camps
- Stage 3 HUG Hydro electricity and irrigation in remote areas: to support work in Africa.
- Stage 4 To Introduce the HUG Water Transfer System to crisis area
- Stage 5 To introduce commercially viable HUG Tidal Energy
GREEN HYDRO POWER STATIONS The installation of most of very low head sites is technically feasible, but civil works give rise to high costs, resulting to economically enviable projects. To solve this problem, one must design a new machine using a completely different philosophy to equip such sites. The study of current turbines reveals that they were all invented on the basis of a poor understanding of hydrodynamics, and a consequent false premise.
MOBILE HUG: The HUG development is an exciting breakthrough in green energy. Small batches of HUG turbines can be installed with only a short period of 12 to 18 months between investment in the technology and the time when revenue starts to flow: it is modular, relatively easy to install and highly scalable.
PRE-FABRICATED HUG Standardized pre-fabricated modules should make it possible to order this new product as a “power plant kit” just like ordering from a catalog. The HUG power plant uses standardized parts, so no custom engineering is necessary. A one-size-fits-all pathway could be ordered.
Why is the HUG Frictionless? When we direct the water to flow at its natural mode, it hugs the inner wall. This kind of vortex motion tends to accelerate and contract the stream of water. The less collisions improves the flow, i.e. the better ordered and more dense the flow will be. The net result is that the velocity of the flow in the HUG is four to five times faster than the river velocity.
RING of FIRE The Ring of Fire Potential will come down to one factor, which will make or break any prospects: Hydro Electricity. Enter the HUG!
Aboriginal Needs and Concerns An Innovative HUG technology establishes a new needed Canadian infrastructure, which in turn implements and spins off other technologies.
HUG & ABORIGINAL RENEWAL Presently no patents exist to capture energy from fast moving rivers up to now. The Power Density of any pilot projects designed to capture energy from tides is 2.4 to 6.9 kW/m². The HUG Power Density is an unbelievable 73 kW/m².
ABORIGINAL PARTNERS WANTED PROTECTED
SOME IMPORTANT LINKS:
HELPING SOLVE WORLD’S CARBON POLLUTION
AFRICA RENEWED supported by:
- A Micro Hydro Electric System: no dams: HugENERGY.us
- An Irrigation System: NORTHydro.com
- An Agroforestry Intercrop System: LivingWaterIs.com
- The Charitable Arm: SunnyUp.net
- Living Water Micro Finance: LivingWaterMicroFinance.org
- Thunder of Justice: ThunderofJustice.com
- God’s Loveletters: Godloveletters.com
- A Rabbit and Fish Farm: Africapitalism.us
- Deliverance Is:com