SMALL HYDRO ENERGY
The installation of most of very low head sites is technically feasible, but civil works give rise to high costs, resulting to economically enviable projects. To solve this problem, one must design a new machine using a completely different philosophy to equip such sites: the small hydro power system.
The study of current turbines reveals that they were all invented on the basis of a poor understanding of hydrodynamics, and a consequent false premise.
The new damless development of a submerged helical pathway is capable of extracting high energy from low head sites at very low cost because of a physics phenomenon, called repulsion energy, which speeds up the current at the extremity of the curves. This is an exciting breakthrough in green energy; it is modular, relatively easy to install and highly scalable.
The secret is in the natural motion of the water, which is a vortex. Water reduces resistance by curving more and more inwards thereby avoiding the confrontational resistance of straight motion. Nature has no use for the straight line: think of the water that leaves your bathtub; give it a twirl and see what happens.
The threshold velocity required to energize a turbine in fast water is 3.1 m/sec. The vast majority of river/ocean currents in the Canada and United States are slower than 3 m/sec. The HUG taps into a vast new source of clean and renewable energy of water currents as slow as 2 m/sec. previously off limits to conventional turbine technology. Even if the flow is less than 2 m/sec, the HUG introduces the Energy Body to make a difference.
Electricity Energy Costs
- Median cost of base load power: gas, coal and atomic plants: $0.10/kWh (2015)
- Rooftop Solar power: $0.16/kWh to $0.31/kWh: in Spain and Belgium respectively.
- Coal plants could be $0.17/kWh if carbon emissions will be accounted.
- Solar Energy: $0.20/kWh and $0.10/kWh before 2025
- Advanced clean-coal plants cost about 11 cents per kWh, the same as nuclear.
- Advanced natural gas-burning plants come in at just 6.3 cents per kWh: add 70% for carbon emission costs: $0.107 /kWh
Wind Energy: On Jan. 1 the federal production tax credit on wind investments expires. For the past 20 years the credit has offset about 30% of the cost of wind turbines. The final true cost is $0.15/kWh.
Ratepayers are paying about $8.5 billion more this year for electricity from wind than they would have paid if it were gas-fired power. That amount doesn’t even include the cost of the direct federal subsidies but this money subsidizes a less efficient, more expensive technology: $8.5 billion that could otherwise be invested in other electricity solutions.
Significant hydropower potential remains unexploited. The technical potential is some 4.8 times greater than today’s electricity generation. Typical emerging small hydro technologies include: low head (<15 m) and very low head (< 5 m) power generation technology
- Micro Hydro (< 2 MW) and Small Hydro Investments (Up to 50 MW): $1,200 to $6,000 per installed kW: 75% of costs are site specific. The total installed costs for large-scale hydropower projects typically range from a low of USD 1,000/kW to around USD 3,500/kW.
- Nuclear Reactors: In South Carolina, power company Scana and its partners are investing about $11 billion to construct two 1,100 mw nuclear reactors: $5000 per kW: a very high upfront cost.
- Breakdown of Costs of Small Hydro:
Typical Small Hydro: 12.5 MW x $6,000,000 = $75,000,000
- Equipment: 18%
- Electrical Connections 2%
- Infrastructure 73%
- Planning 4%
- Other Installation Costs 3%
HUG Costs: 11 MW: $1,286,000
- Equipment: 62%
- Electrical Connections 4%
- Infrastructure 4%
- Planning 15%
- Other Installation Costs 15%
Total Costs::11 MW: $117/kW $0.015/kWh @ 90% of Usage
HUG Funnel Estimate
11 MW HUG Funnel: Height: 8 m; Diameter: 1.0 m; Area: .785 m2
|1 Module HUG||
|Electrical and Mechanical Overhead||
|Contingency, Insurance, Legal costs, Bank fees, Interest: (15%)||
|Total Helical Turbine System Cost||
|Engineering Planning and Design (15%)||
|Patent Promotion Fee* (10%)||
| Total Costs::11 MW: $117/kW $0.015/kWh @ 90% of Usage
Why so low? The Infrastructure Cost is not 73%.
Levelized cost of electricity (Discounted lifetime costs divided by discounted lifetime generation):
The IEA assumes 2.2 % for large hydropower and 2.2 % t3 % for smaller projects, with a global average of around 2.5 % (IEA, 2010c). Other studies (EREC/Greenpeace, 2010 and Krewitt, 2009) indicate that fixed O&M costs represent 4 % of the total capital cost.
The difference between a 3% discount rate and a 10 % discount rate is very significant, with the LCOE increasing by between 85 % and 90 % as the discount rate increases from 3 % to 10 %.
The levelised cost of electricity (LC) for hydropower refurbishments and upgrades ranges from as low as USD 0.01/kWh for additional capacity at an existing hydropower project to around USD 0.05/kWh for a more expensive upgrade project assuming a 10% cost of capital.
According to the federal Energy Information Administration, the “levelized cost” of new wind power (including capital and operating costs) is 8.2 cents per kWh. Most calculations of the cost of wind power do not take into account the costs per kWh of keeping fossil plants on standby or running at reduced loads. But they should, because it is a real cost of adding clean, green, wind power to the grid.
With 8.2 cents per kWh, reflecting total installation costs of $2,000 per kw of capacity.
- Then account for an assumed 30-year lifespan for the turbines (optimistic), which increases the cost to 9.3 cents per kwh.
- Then add the effect of subsidies allowing accelerated depreciation for wind investments you get 10.1 cents.
- Add the costs of keeping gas-fired plants available, but running at reduced capacity, to balance the variable performance of wind — 1.7 cents.
- Extra fuel for those plants adds another 0.6 cents.
- Finally, tack on 2.7 cents for new transmission line investments needed to get new wind power to market.
This adds up to $0.15/kWh. Ontario pays $0.11 – $0.135/kWh for wind power. Compare Ontario Hydro rates to: 5.6 cents in Quebec and 7.3 cents in Manitoba
OUR NORTHYDRO STRATEGY
- Stage 1 To build a small version of the HUG
- Stage 2 HUG Hydro electricity and irrigation in remote areas
- Stage 3 To capture HUG energy from Run-of-River, Rapids & Waterfalls
- Stage 4 To Introduce the HUG Water Transfer System to crisis areas
- Stage 5 To introduce commercially viable HUG Tidal Energy
RING of FIRE The Ring of Fire Potential will come down to one factor, which will make or break any prospects: Hydro Electricity. Enter the HUG!
LABRADOR ENERGY POTENTIAL Any new technology leads to new growth opportunities: HUG is a Patented Energy System that will literally change the face of our world as we know it.
MOBILE HUG: The HUG development is an exciting breakthrough in green energy. Small batches of HUG turbines can be installed with only a short period of 12 to 18 months between investment in the technology and the time when revenue starts to flow: it is modular, relatively easy to install and highly scalable.
PRE-FABRICATED HUG Standardized pre-fabricated modules should make it possible to order this new product as a “power plant kit” just like ordering from a catalog. The HUG power plant uses standardized parts, so no custom engineering is necessary. A one-size-fits-all pathway could be ordered.
Why is the HUG Frictionless? When we direct the water to flow at its natural mode, it hugs the inner wall. This kind of vortex motion tends to accelerate and contract the stream of water. The less collisions improves the flow, i.e. the better ordered and more dense the flow will be. The net result is that the velocity of the flow in the HUG is four to five times faster than the river velocity.
SOME IMPORTANT LINKS:
HELPING SOLVE WORLD’S CARBON POLLUTION
- A Micro Hydro Electric System: no dams: HugENERGY.us
- An Irrigation System: NORTHydro.com
- A Rabbit and Fish Farm: AfriCAPITALISM.us
- The Charitable Arm: SunnyUp.net
- Living Water Micro Finance: LivingWaterMicroFinance.org
- Thunder of Justice: ThunderofJustice.com
- Deliverance Is: Deliveranceis.com
- God Love Letters: GodLoveLetters.com
- Living Water Is: LivingWaterIs.com
BILLIONS OF CHRISTIANS CAN’ T ALL BE WRONG!
Christianity is not a philosophy, but it is a relationship with God, your Creator, in Christ TODAY. It is not knowledge of abstract principles.
HOW DO WE KNOW THIS?
Some Christian disciples use deliverance to deliver away evil spirits influencing people. These evil spirits cause depression, addictions and illness through all forms of stress.
2. COMPLETE SENSE OF PEACE?
After you have been delivered from evil influences, you will have a definite physical experience of a complete sense of peace.
Once you experience a physical sense of peace because of deliverance, you know that you will be healed. This helps you build up your faith, which is very crucial: No faith! No healing!
Some Christian disciples have the gift of healing. Only the Name of Jesus Christ makes healing and deliverance possible.
THE WHOLE FAMILY BENEFITS
In the end, one Christian conversion will benefit the whole family. The gifts of the Holy Spirit of healing and deliverance will help the whole family. A prayer of deliverance of evil spirits will leave any member of the family with a complete sense of peace immediately. A prayer of healing from a Christian disciple produces 80% healing. The remaining healing comes from continued prayer of praise and thanksgiving until all the healing is complete. This healing comes from the Holy Spirit through the power in the Name of Jesus Christ. No other god or deity or doctor uses this power. This proves the TRUTH OF CHRISTIANITY.
God divinely inspired the BIBLE . How do we know? Each of eight accurate predictions shows a high probability mathematically. The probability of one individual fulfilling eight prophecies have odds of 1 in 10 17 (1 in 100,000,000,000,000,000). Jesus Christ fulfilled all prophecies, therefore the Bible MUST BE TRUE.
The Old Testament indicates another 40 astonishing predictions.
Christianity experiences stunning growth—from approximately 3.8 million adherents in China in 1956 to an estimated 87 to 100 million Christians today.
HOW IS JESUS STILL ALIVE TODAY?
Jesus is alive today! He heals today (through His followers) and in many cases it is realized immediately. How else can you explain the explosion of Christianity, the world’s largest religion, on earth: 2.2 billion adherents, nearly a third (31 percent) of all 6.9 billion people on Earth.
Christians know and feel His Presence; they communicate with Him personally; Christian prayers are always answered.
This author has been given the Gift of Healing only because he is a Christian Lay Missionary, who travels two to three places every year. On his last trip to Columbia he successfully transferred his Gift to his Spanish translators, who were able to heal as he did. He has healed Muslims to their great surprise.
He also delivers away evil spirits along with their healing. All those who are delivered from evil spirits feel a complete physical sense of peace.
DREAMS AND VISIONS
God can give a message to those non-Christians to change their heart. God knows faith will be developed eventually. God will come to you in the form of dreams or visions. So be sensitive to any dreams or visions, when you ask God for it earnestly.
HAVE YOU EVER WONDERED HOW TO BECOME A CHRISTIAN?
- Christians don’t shout, “I live a clean life!” Christians whisper “I feel lost, but now God found me and God forgives me.”
- Christians don’t speak with pride. They confess that they stumble and need Christ to be their guide.
- Christians don’t say,” I’m strong.” They say they try to be strong because they need strength.
- Christians don’t brag about success, but they admit that they fail and they need God to clean the mess.
- Christians don’t claim to be perfect, but God still believes in them.
- Christians still feel the sting of pain. They have their share of headaches but they still call upon His Name.
- Christians are not holier than others. They are simple sinners who receive God’s unbelievable Grace.
Christianity on a Table Napkin:
“If you declare with your mouth, ‘Jesus is Lord,’ and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.” Romans 10:9
God the Father will wipe every tear from our eyes, and there shall be no more death or mourning, crying out or pain. We will be like Him, for we will see Him as He is The Holy Spirit will have made all things new. Eternal joy will begin. “For the Mighty One has done great things for me— holy is His name.” Luke 1: 49
Are we not like Barabbas who was justly condemned for murder, but saved by the innocent Jesus on the cross? Are we not like the adulterous woman, deserving of death by stoning, to whom Jesus says, “I do not condemn you”? And Jesus saved them both. In fact, Jesus came to earth specifically to look for and save those who were lost, like you.
“Come now, let us settle the matter,” says the LORD, “Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool”. Isaiah 1:18
You may need some counseling with a pastor, priest or competent Christian worker, who will introduce you to a Short Course on Who is Jesus? Start by reading a short biography of Jesus in the Gospel of Luke. Read several verses before going to bed and read the same verse upon arising. He will defend you from attacks of the enemy when you ask Him.
Healing and Deliverance (Ctrl + Click to follow Link)
- Abuse and Trauma
- A Vision of Hell
- Breaking Free of Controlling Spirits
- Can a Smart Person believe in God
- Cigarette and Drug Bust
- Deliverance from Depression
- Deliverance from Drugs and Addiction
- Deliverance from Prison
- Deliverance PowerPoint
- Divine Healing
- Do you Know an Alcoholic?
- Don’t be Afraid of Fear
- Gluttony is Not Merely Overeating
- God’s Protection and Blessing
- Healing and Deliverance General Information
- Healing and Deliverance Instructions
- Healing Hands: Father Melvin Doucette
- Healing of Relationships
- How to Keep Your Healing Once you have Received it
- Insomnia and Deliverance
- Jesus Cures a Blind Man at Bethsaida
- Joy and Sorrow
- Let’s Start
- Lust and its Brother Pornography
- Physical Healing
- Power of Healing
- Prisoner of Unforgiveness
- The Healing Power of Jesus
- The High Stakes of Gambling Addiction
- Three Ways of Self-Deliverance
- Ungodly Soul Ties
- Ungodly Superstitious Beliefs
- Your Part
Please send this document to others who speak different languages. Ask them to click on the TRANSLATION application called, “SPREAD THE WORD TO OTHER COUNTRIES!” at top of the page.